Students are not required to wear a formal uniform. We take a pragmatic approach and recognise that Sixth Form students should have some advantages. The following outline what RRSF considers to be appropriate:
- The overall emphasis is on smart casual.
- Jogging bottoms for males and females are allowed so long as they are clean and tidy.
- Leggings are allowed so long as they are not see through.
- No crop tops allowed.
- Vest tops are allowed for females so long as the vest strap is wider than the bra strap. That does not mean that strapless bras or no bras to be worn so that thin tops can be worn. Also no razor back vests to be worn.
- Shorts are allowed after the Easter break.
- No offensive or lewd tee shirts to be worn.
- No hot pants.
- No jackets or hats to be worn indoors.
It should however be noted that if a member of staff highlights that a student’s dress is inappropriate then we expect students to respond positively to any reasonable request to modify their dress. We are happy to advise students on what is and what is not acceptable. If a student breaks these dress codes they will be asked to go home and change.